A hardy salmon is good for your heart and overall health. It’s jam packed with antioxidants, vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty acids. Here, I found a quick, delicious and easy pan cooked salmon dish that don’t require the oven!
- 4 Salmon Filets
- 200g Baby potatoes
- 100g Brussel sprouts
- 2 Handful of tomatoes
- Salt, pepper, dried parsley (or herb mix) to taste
- 3 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 Heap spoons of honey
- 1/4 Tbsp of minced/pureed garlic
- Kikkoman Mirin or Sweet Cooking Rice Wine
1. Make the sauce – First, before starting anything else. Take 3 tablespoon of dark soy sauce on a medium size bowl. Take 2 heaps of honey and mix thoroughly with the soy sauce. Add in 1/4 tablespoon of minced garlic. If available, drop one tablespoon of Mirin or sweet cooking rice wine.
2. Cut the potatoes in half – Lit up the gas in high heat and place the baby potatoes with any cooking oil. Cook till potatoes are mid-brown and lower the heat to mid level.
3. Cut the brussel sprouts in half – Toss the brussel sprouts in and mix it together with the potatoes till light brown. Sprinkle in some salt for taste. Then add in a handle of cut tomatoes or other vegetables to your liking. After cooking for about 4 mins, add in the herbs for added taste.
4. Pour 90% of the sauce into the pan – Once the vegetables are cooked thoroughly, start adding in the sauce to enhance the flavors. Cook for another 2 mins and make room for the salmon on the pan.
5. Prepare the salmon – Gently cut the back skin of the salmon for a clean cut. Then place the salmon on the pan. Cook for another 10 mins on pan with medium heat. Add in salt and pepper.
And now you’re done! Eat together with rice or pan only. The salmon is delicious because of the soft texture and flavorful sauce. Let me know if you’ve tried this dish and how it went!